278 Main St - Sag Harbor Village, New York
A Main Street masterpiece, this original bespoke Captains House in Sag Harbor is a home of which dreams are made. Originally built in 1810 by master craftsman Benjamin Glover, for whom Glover Street is named, and recently reimagined by acclaimed designer Nick Olsen, the Glover House is a study in the best of the best of the East End's architecture and design. Expanded in 1850 by Glover to include a neighboring carriage house for his daughter to make her home, the entire structure has been left intact and in excellent condition as it has been thoughtfully modernized, including state-of-the-art mechanicals and security systems. In total, the elegant three-story, 4,000-square-foot home now features five bedrooms, four full bathrooms, seven fireplaces, gracious formal living and dining rooms, a media room, library, bar, eat-in kitchen with sitting area and grand fireplace and a memorable master suite parlor. Outside, the mature planting and privet-protected Main Street property provides an elegant respite. Making maximum use of every inch of a generous lot and beautifully manicured landscaping by Cornetta Designs, the estate takes gracious outdoor living to new heights. Exterior amenities at the pristine whaling-era home include what might be the greatest front porch in all of Sag Harbor, plus a back deck and patio, dining area surrounded by crepe myrtle trees, heated Gunite pool, and a gated entrance for the property's two off-street parking spaces.
This listing courtesy of Douglas Elliman